Various Artists - Tokyo Dreaming 2LP
RELEASES ON THE 27/11/20
"Tokyo Dreaming" is a superb selection picked from the highly collectible Nippon Columbia label and its Better Days sub-label. Wewantsounds teamed up with journalist and Japanese music expert Nick Luscombe for this selection of electro, synth-pop, funk, and ambient and includes many sought-after rarities and hidden gems which have never been released outside of Japan and the set has been newly remastered by Nippon Columbia.
Nippon Columbia, one of Japan's oldest music labels is also one of its most collectible thanks to its sub-label Better Days which, in the late '70s, became a hotbed for Tokyo's new generation of pop artists eager to experiment with ambient, electro, and funk. Armed with a string of new Japanese-made synthesizers and drum machines that would soon take the world by storm, they made cutting-edge music, which has since become highly sought-after by a new generation of Japanese music lovers.
1. The End of Asia [Ryuichi Sakamoto]
2. Shinzo No Tobira [Mariah]
3. Self Control [Chika Asamoto]
4. Treasure Hunter [Jun Fukamachi]
5. Watashi No Bus [Yumi Murata]
6. Rainy Driver [Hitomi Penny Tohyama]
7. La Maison Est En Ruine [Yumi Seino]
8. Tokyo [Kyoko Furuya]
9. Chinatown Rose [Kazue Itoh]
10. Tokyo Joe [Kazumi Watanabe]
11. (Jenie Gets Angry) [Juicy Fruits]
12. Soul Life [Haruo Chakida & Vibra-Tones]
13. Heartbeat [Coloured Music]
14. Room [Akira Sakata]
15. Semi Tori No Hi [Yasuaki Shimizu]
16. The Word II [Shigeo Sekito]
About this product: this compilation is pressed on 2x standard black vinyl.