Various Artists - Studio One: Afrikan Blood LP
Clement Dodd was a fierce proponent of Marcus Garvey’s message of self-reliance, having heard it in his youth. Over the years he recorded and produced many songs that expressed the yearnings and feelings of his fellow Jamaicans. "Afrikan Blood" is a timely release that captures some of the roots reggae songs that speak to injustices that still exist today. Many of the songs on "Afrikan Blood" are previously unreleased or unreleased stereo mixes by foundation artists like Alton Ellis, The Gaylads, The Wailing Souls and Freddie McGregor.
As Judah Eskender Tafari sings, 'Afrikan Blood keeps on flowing through my veins'.
1. Born a Free Man [Al Campbell and Freddie McGregor]
2. Justice & Peace [Rodley Brissett]
3. Afrikan Blood (Take 2) [Judah Eskender Tafari]
4. The Lion Has Returned (Take 3) [Lloyd Anderson]
5. Thy Man Look into Thyself [Lloyd & Gerald]
6. King Alpha (Take 2) [Dennis Lovelock]
7. I Am Free [The Gaylads]
8. We're Gonna Climb [Alton Ellis and Zoot Simms]
9. Hooray (It's Festival Time) [The Wailing Souls]
10. Drought [Zoot Simms and Arthur Robinson]
11. Rasta Leaves His Footprints (12" Mix) [The Viceroys]
12. Send Another Moses [The Willows]
13. Love in Our Nation (Take 1) [Dudley Sibbley]
14. Freedom Song [Larry Marshall]
About this product: this is the RSD Black Friday '20 compilation on standard black vinyl, limited pressing of 1500 copies.