The Black Keys - Delta Kream CD/LP/DLX LP
Brand new LP from The Black Keys where they cover their favourite standards.
The Black Keys release their tenth studio album, "Delta Kream". The record celebrates the band’s roots, featuring eleven Mississippi hill country blues standards that they have loved since they were teenagers, before they were a band, including songs by R. L. Burnside and Junior Kimbrough, among others.
Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney recorded "Delta Kream" at Auerbach’s Easy Eye Sound studio in Nashville; they were joined by musicians Kenny Brown and Eric Deaton, long-time members of the bands of blues legends including R. L. Burnside and Junior Kimbrough. The album takes its name from William Eggleston’s iconic Mississippi photograph that is on its cover.
In addition to paying homage to these Mississippi blues legends with Delta Kream, The Black Keys are working with VisitMississippi, the state's tourism organization, to sponsor new individual markers for R. L. Burnside and Junior Kimbrough on the Mississippi Blues Trail, which tell the stories of the state’s blues artists both renowned and obscure through words and images. The new markers will be erected in the proposed locations of Holly Springs and Chulahoma, MS, places closely associated with Burnside and Kimbrough - a fitting tribute to these architects of Hill Country Blues and further recognition of their enduring contributions to American music.
1. Crawling Kingsnake [John Lee Hooker/Bernard Besman cover]
2. Louise [Fred McDowell cover]
3. Poor Boy a Long Way From Home [Robert Lee Burnside cover]
4. Stay All Night [David Kimbrough, Jr. cover]
5. Going Down South [Robert Lee Burnside cover]
6. Coal Black Mattie [Ranie Burnette cover]
7. Do the Romp [David Kimbrough, Jr. cover]
8. Sad Days, Lonely Nights [David Kimbrough, Jr. cover]
9. Walk with Me [David Kimbrough, Jr. cover])
10. Mellow Peaches [Joseph Lee Williams cover]
11. Come on and Go with Me [David Kimbrough, Jr. cover]
About this product: this is available on CD, LP and DLX LP formats.
The 2LP is pressed on black vinyl.
The DLX 2LP is the Indie Store Exclusive on smokey marble vinyl [second photo].