Various Artists - Reloaded 2LP
30 era-defining tracks on one double-album, exclusively on vinyl.
The early to mid-1990s saw a collision of indie pop, rave and club inspired dance and the newly christened ‘Britpop’ culture making the era one of the most exciting, groundbreaking and influential ever in music. "Reloaded" presents a snap-shot of that era with some of the most essential tracks.
Kicking things off Oasis’ defining Some Might Say leads into Should I Stay or Should I Go - originally released in 1982, it became a #1 on re-release and underlined the timeless importance of The Clash to a new generation. R.E.M. produced some of the most original song-writing of the era, and Suede’s glam take on indie rock makes Trash a true original. The successful solo career of Paul Weller is marked with one of his greatest compositions You Do Something to Me.
On Side Two, representing how massive the emerging electronic dance music became, Firestarter from The Prodigy, and The Chemical Brothers’ Block Rockin’ Beats still sound startling today, while there’s also pop-rock from The Stone Roses, Primal Scream and Ocean Colour Scene, alongside the epic Black Hole Sun from Soundgarden.
The second LP starts with the peerless and iconic Creep from Radiohead, New Order’s Regret and the superb ‘Yes’ from McAlmont & Butler. Also included on this side are some fantastic examples of left field indie-pop from Supergrass, Space and the brilliantly titled Birdhouse in Your Soul from They Might Be Giants.
The album’s final side includes the charged indie-pop-rock of Ash, Stereophonics, Lightning Seeds and The Cardigans, but begins with an incredible opening trio of Manic Street Preachers’ epic Everything Must Go, U2’s Even Better Than the Real Thing and Iggy Pop’s ageless Lust for Life which, included on the soundtrack of Trainspotting, became as influential in the ‘90s as it was when it was first released in the ‘70s.
"Reloaded" takes you back to an incredible time.
1. Some Might Say [Oasis]
2. Should I Stay or Should I Go [The Clash]
3. What's the Frequency Kenneth? [R.E.M.]
4. Trash [Suede]
5. Hey Dude [Kula Shaker]
6. Turn [Travis]
7. You Do Something to Me [Paul Weller]
8. Firestarter [The Prodigy]
9. Block Rockin' Beats [The Chemical Brothers]
10. The Sun Rising [The Beloved]
11. Rocks [Primal Scream]
12. The Riverboat Song [Ocean Colour Scene]
13. Made of Stone [The Stone Roses]
14. Black Hole Sun [Soudgarden]
15. Creep [Radiohead]
16. Regret [New Order]
17. Yes [McAlmont & Butler]
18. Pure Morning [Placebo]
19. Sale of the Century [Sleeper]
20. Female of the Species [Space]
21. Birdhouse in Your Soul
22. Alright [Supergrass]
23. Everything Must Go [Manic Street Preachers]
24. Lust for Life [Iggy Pop]
25. Even Better Than the Real Thing [U2]
26. My Favourite Game [The Cardigans]
27. Change [The Lightning Seeds]
28. Girl from Mars [Ash]
29. Pick a Part That's New [Stereophonics]
30. You're Gorgeous [Babybird]
About this product: this is pressed on 2x black vinyl.